Family Law | Statewide Judicial Emergency Extension
Dear Section Members:
The Supreme Court Order Declaring Statewide Judicial Emergency, which would have expired on Wednesday, May 13, 2020, at 11:59 p.m., is further extended until Friday, June 12, 2020, at 11:59 p.m.
Click here for a copy [ sbog.info ] .
The following provisions are outlined in the Order:
– Guidance on Application of the Order
– Prohibitions on Jury Trial Proceedings and Most Grand Jury Proceedings
– Proceedings Conducted Remotely Using Technology
– In-Court Proceedings; Development of Guidelines
– Discretion of Judges to Declare More Restrictive Local Judicial Emergencies
– Discretion of Judges to Reimpose Deadlines in Specific Cases
– Judicial COVID-19 Task Force: Comments Solicited
– Notice Provisions
ivory t. brown, Chair
Family Law Section