*REMINDER* 2019 Intellectual Property Institute
State Bar of Georgia IP Section 2019 IP Institute
September 5 – 7 | The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island, FL
Join the IP Section of the State Bar on Amelia Island at the 2019 IP Institute [ www.gabar.org ] .
The IP Institute provides a perfect blend of IP-focused CLE courses from leading IP experts, PTAB and TTAB representatives and esteemed judges while providing time for networking and relaxing.
The Institute begins on Thursday, Sep. 5 with a welcome reception at the Ritz-Carlton.
Friday, Sept. 6 | 8 a.m. – 1:15 p.m.
• Professionalism with Hon. Richard Story, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
• IP Legislative update with U.S. Congressman Doug Collins
• Corporate Counsel panel discussion
• Proceedings before the PTAB and TTAB
• Bitcoin, Blockchain and Digital assets
• Trade Secret Audits and Asset Management
Friday ends with an attendee dinner. All are welcome!
Saturday, Sept. 7 | 8 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
• Federal Circuit Mock Argument before Hon. Jimmie V. Reyna, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, and Hon. J. Rodney Gilstrap, Chief Judge, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
• Protecting Software
• Top 10 Trademark Developments of the Past Year
• Ethics Panel discussion with Hon. Timothy C. Batten, Sr., U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, Hon. Leigh Martin May, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, and Hon. J. Rodney Gilstrap
• Issues in Entertainment Law: Creative Clients and Changing Technology in the Media Business
o This panel features Brannon Anthony, General Counsel, Tyler Perry Studios (former Assistant General Counsel with Turner Broadcasting), and Peter Morris, CEO, PodcastOne (former General Counsel at Funny or Die and Executive Vice-President at Barstool Sports and IMAX), sharing stories from their careers in the entertainment industry, including some of the unique IP and legal issues they’ve wrestled with working with creative storytellers like Tyler Perry and Will Ferrell, and the challenges they’ve faced helping to oversee media businesses in an era in which new technology is constantly changing how content is created, consumed and monetized.
Spend the remaining time on the island networking with your peers, judges and speakers, and enjoying beautiful Amelia Island and The Ritz-Carlton Resort.
The Ritz-Carlton is currently accepting reservations for the IP Institute. Click this link [ book.passkey.com ] to reserve your room with the ICLE IP Institute room block (rooms with coastal view at $259 per night). The deadline has been extended until Aug. 12.
Register here [ www.gabar.org ] .
*Important Note: The program will adjourn at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 7 and check-out is at 11 a.m. When making your reservation, please notify The Ritz-Carlton if you need to request a late check-out. Requests will be honored on a first come, first served basis. If you choose to pack early and bring your bags with you to the Saturday session, we will have a designated room to store your luggage.